Statcounter

Friday, May 27, 2011

GODZILLA


(Pictured above: . . . huh?)

I had a dream last night that Godzilla was stomping through the Irish Sea and headed towards Ireland. He was looking very fierce. His eyes were a blazing red and he was waving his fists around in that way he does. He was roaring his head off too and it was deafening. He really was a terrifying sight, I can’t emphasise it enough. He looked like he was fit to give the place a right going over.

Anyway, I was standing on the coast as he reached it, looking out at the mighty tsunamis that heralded his arrival by rolling into shore and trying to stay on my feet despite the awful tremors beneath me and collapsing buildings around me. Behind me was a massive congregation of tens of thousands of people but they didn’t seem to be interested in Godzilla. They were all dancing and cheering and Twittering on their iPhones as Bryan Dobson and Amy Huberman MCed an open air gig by Jedward and Westlife. Enda Kenny, Mary McAleese, David Begg and a few other dignitaries were there too, leaping about and providing backing vocals and everyone seemed to be very happy.

As his colossal foot slammed down upon Irish soil, Godzilla’s furious expression changed to one of slight perplexity. Peering down upon the masses, the monster’s brow furrowed and his head tilted to one side in the manner of a confused dog or journalist. Then Godzilla turned and he looked right at me. He was staring right at me with this puzzled expression and I was frozen to the spot. Then, emitting terrible sulphurous fumes, Godzilla opened his massive fanged mouth and it occurred to me that the creature was about to speak. And speak he did, Godzilla looked me right in the eye and said ‘Honest to God, can you believe these fuckin muppets?’
I didn’t know what to say. I just shrugged. Then I woke up.

I have no idea what that dream meant but I thought I’d share it with you anyway.

4 comments:

barrymore said...

Well, the thing is, you see...that’s what they call a portent. It’s about something that’s about to happen. That’s what I reckon. You’ve got to have a look about and see if it bears any similarity with say for instance your domestic situation - foxes in the bins perhaps? Or maybe the governor where you work’s giving you hardship. It could even be something further afield. Do you have a strong sense of foreboding about the short-term? Look around next time you’re out and about.

Most likely it’s the foxes.

Fugger said...

Speaking of Foxes, prepare thyself for the film Foxes by Lovely Productions. Or as I like to call it Fugger the Movie - they don't seem to think that's a suitable title for some reason that's utterly beyond me.

It will chill your bones! CHILL YOUR BONES!

Superhilbo! said...

Interesting dream. According to www.dreammoods.com the following explains it all:
Godzilla
To see Godzilla in your dream, signifies feelings of being out of control. A certain situation is getting the best of you.

**See the Meaning In Action: "Godzilla In K-Mart"
(I especially like the meaning in action bit)

Fugger said...

Interesting Hilbo. I thiught it might mean I have a big micky, which I don't. I mean I do ...I DO!