Statcounter

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

THE MAKING OF THE MAKING OF


I recently watched a film and after it was finished I watched another film about the making of the film and then I watched a third film about the making of the making of the film and then I watched a fourth film about the making of the making of the making of the film and then I watched a fifth film about the making of the making of the making of the making of the film then I watched a sixth film about the making of the making of the making of the making of the making of the film and then I watched a seventh film about... well, I'm sure you get the gist of it by now. I kept on watching 'the making of the making of' films for days and days and days until finally I realised that this endless daisy chain of 'the making of the making of' films was the nation's largest and only employer and that the entire population worked as part of a film crew following a film crew following a film crew following a film crew and on and on until finally I realised that I too was holding a camera and was at the end of this endless iteration with my lens pointed at the screen filming me watching me filming me watching me and so on and so on and everything kind of dissolved into that infinity you see when you attach a camera to a monitor and then point the camera into the monitor and see an endless corridor of monitors within monitors within monitors and I was running in that endless monitor corridor chasing myself and being chased by another myself who was also being chased by an endless procession of myselves and I was the last living person on Earth and so were you and so is everyone else and we're all so very tired and we're all so very hungry because no one thought to hire a catering department and even if they did there'd be no one to work for it because we're all busy making films about other films that are about the making of films that are about the making of other films that end up with us in the films making films about us watching the films that are about us watching the films about us watching the films ourselves and watching ourselves watching the films that are about us watching the films ourselves and watching and chasing ourselves and being chased by ourselves and watching the making of the chasing ourselves being chased by ourselves being chased by ourselves chasing the chasers and being chased by chasers chasing ourselves and so on and so on and so on and I'm sure you get the gist of it after all that so can I go now?

No comments: