Statcounter

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I KNOW OUR NELLY'S OUT THERE


I know our Nelly's out there. Across the icy lake. Amongst the frozen reeds. Hanging from the branches of a dead creaking tree.

I know our Nelly's out there. In the frosty murk. In the wind in the streets. Turning corners. Rattling our roofs and screaming down our chimneys.

I know our Nelly's out there. Playing with our children as an unseen friend. Standing over us as we sleep in our beds. Putting her face down close and inhaling our exhaling breath.

I know our Nelly's out there. Accidentally seen. Sometimes heard. Always dismissed. It couldn't have been her.

I know our Nelly's out there. A rumour on the internet. A campfire tale. A feeling like someone touched the back of your neck. A distant wail.

I know our Nelly's out there. Bang. Bang. BANGING on our doors in the dead of night. On the night of the dead. An echo of neglect.

I know our Nelly's out there. An injustice done. A rage unexpressed. An impending devastation, manifest.

I know our Nelly's out there and I know what to expect. A terrible revenge. She's coming to collect.

No comments: